Monday, January 4, 2016

John the Baptist Prepares the Way - Matthew 3 Reflections

1. What does this teach me about God? * "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near." (Matthew 3:2) This is John the Baptist's message to the Israelites. Repent. * "Confessing their sins..." (Matthew 3:6) The response to the message was confession of sin. * "Produce fruit in keeping with repentance." (Matthew 3:8) Repentance brings about fruit. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self-control. * "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." (Matthew 3:17) This is what God said after John baptized Jesus. God loves his son and is pleased with him and his obedience. 2. What does this teach me about humanity? * We are all sinful and in need of repentance. Repentance involves confessing our sins and turning from our sin. 3. How can I apply this to my life? * I can repent, which means turn from my sin and run to God. * I will confess my sin. This is hard because I have so much sin. * If I am in continual repentance there will be fruit, namely, self control! Lord, will you bring me to humble repentance? A daily humble repentance. Please team me how to confess sin. Teach me to love you and walk with you. Lord, I pray my desire would be for your holiness to be glorified. For your Name to be made great. Father, I pray for Oz and As to become your children. I pray that you would lead them to Jesus. I ask that you would refine me so that I can be used for your kingdom. Today Lord, I pray that you will give me discipline to say no to processed foods. Help me to honor you with my body and what I put into it. I pray that you would restore a steadfast spirit within me that seeks after you. I pray that your word would change me and make me more holy as you are holy. Lord, I pray for DK today as he goes to get his residence permit. I pray that they would have favor on him and extend it for a year, along with the rest of their family. Please continue with your grace and favor for their family and have Kate sleep through the night. I pray that Den and Ays will make time for you. Clear their schedules so they can come to church Lord and hear your word in their language.

No comments:

Post a Comment